Roblox has long been the go-to platform for hundreds of millions of players to come together and play their favourite video games. And thanks to the awesome gaming community and Roblox’s amazing development tools, there is always something new cooking that keeps the community engaged for days to come.
But the best part is, you can actually earn real money from Roblox Games, and there are many ways to do so. If that’s something you are interested in, here are some strategies that you can use to make things easier for you!
1. Sell Game Pass
Game passes have become quite popular in modern video games, and fans definitely enjoy the extra features and rewards that come with them. They offer special abilities or items that players can purchase within the game – in this case, your Roblox game. For example, you could create a game pass that gives players a special ability, such as healing, special weapons, or access to a secret area within your game.
To create a game pass, you’ll need to use Roblox’s Developer Exchange program. This program allows you to trade Roblox Robux for real money. When you sell a game pass, you’ll receive a percentage of the revenue (more on that later), which is paid out in Robux. You can then exchange your Robux for real money using the Developer Exchange program. Of course, you will have to pay $5 a month in order to do that.
2. Trade In-Game Items
If creating a game pass sounds like a tedious job, you might want to explore some other ways. And Selling in-game items is a considerably easier thing to do. In-game items are customizations that players can purchase within your game. These could be skins, accessories, or other customizations that enhance the gameplay experience. You also need a Premium membership for this one as well.
To create in-game items for your game, you’ll need to use Roblox’s Avatar Shop. This is where you can browse and purchase in-game items. When you sell an in-game item, you’ll receive a percentage of the revenue, which is paid out in Robux, of course.
3. Paid Game Access
Now, if you are a team of developers with enough experience to create a quality game, you can give paid access to players who want to play your game. This does require significantly more quality but if you think your game is fun and worth paying for, you can make it paid. Of course, the players will look at the value they are getting for their bucks before buying.
If that’s something you want to do, you’ll need to use Roblox’s Access Settings. It lets you set the price for your game and decide who can access your game and all the fun stuff. And just like any other purchase made in the game, Roblox will take their cut and let you keep the rest of the revenue.
4. Develop and Sell Tools
If you are looking to make a sizeable profit from Roblox and you happen to have good coding knowledge, you can learn to create tools and plugins for the platform that can help players get a better experience. It’s not meant for everyone but it sure is a lucrative way to make money with Roblox. It will be more complex than creating games in Roblox but also much more rewarding.
Other developers are always looking for ways to improve their games, and they are willing to pay for tools that make their job easier. To get started with creating and selling developer tools, you can join the Roblox Developer Forum and connect with other developers. You can also browse the Roblox Marketplace to see what types of tools are in demand and what other developers are selling.
How Revenue Sharing Works in Roblox?
Now, before you try any of these methods, it’s important to learn how much each of these methods is paying. The percentage of revenue you receive for each method varies depending on the specific method and the terms set by Roblox. Here’s a breakdown of how revenue sharing works for some of the methods:
- In-game items and Game passes: Roblox takes a 30% cut of the revenue generated by game passes and in-game items. The remaining 70% is paid out to the game developer. But if you are only selling that someone else has created, you get 30% of the revenue and 40% goes to the creator.
- Advertising Revenue: If you monetize your game through advertisements, Roblox takes a 50% cut of the revenue generated by the ads. The remaining 50% is paid out to the game developer. It’s basically a win-win more both.
These are some of the best methods you can use to make real money with Roblox. Now, it does take quite some work to get started with each of these methods but once you get it right, you can make a significant amount of revenue with it. Hopefully, this guide will give you some idea of how you can earn through different methods in Roblox and how revenue sharing works.
Related to Roblox Games:
[2023 Updated] 30 Inappropriate, Dirty, and Funny Kahoot Names to Use