Technology is changing at a phenomenal pace and is keeping even the savviest YouTube marketing companies on their toes. Videos have emerged as an engaging medium, but the manner in which these videos are to be used to keep the viewers engaged is constantly changing. Considering the speed and manner in which the video marketing landscape is evolving and changing, even the best in the field are feeling the heat.
Here are a few video marketing trends, which are working in 2020 and are worth considering:
- Interactive Videos: The users feel connected and engaged through interactive videos. Though they existed earlier too, this year they are utilised to the best of their potential. Adding interactive video links to the uploaded videos are improving the user experience because it’s enabling them to get additional layers of information within the video window if they want it.
- How-To Videos: These simple videos giving information regarding recipes, appliance maintenance and operation, exercises, games etc. have gained immense popularity this year.
- Teaser Campaign Videos: The trend of teaser videos has emerged on a full scale in 2019. People have been uploading a small teaser video of any existing or upcoming product, event or service, thus creating curiosity and gaining the attention of the targeted audience. This video is uploaded on various channels where potential audience is expected to be present. If the teaser is made properly, it attracts the right crowd and motivates them to visit the website to get the full story. The marketing companies work hard to make and execute these videos with finesse so as to fulfil the desired purpose.
- Live Videos: Another trend that has caught up big time in 2020 is of live videos. They have emerged as a strong medium to engage viewers. The viewers feel more connected through these videos as they feel that the person in the video is directly addressing them. As these videos have the option of asking questions and getting answered immediately, it’s more like a one-on-one session for most viewers. The catch is that the person in the video needs to be a good orator who presents the right content and addresses the concerns of the viewers.
- Artificial Intelligence: Though it started earlier, AI (Artificial Intelligence) has emerged stronger this year gaining entry into the creative fields as well. It’s a promising tool with limitless potential and is getting utilized for YouTube optimization in a big way right from creating relevant and unique content to tracking, pushing notifications, customer segmentation etc.
- Chatbots: More and more businesses are using chatbots to interact. The improvement in AI has enhanced the quality of basic conversations that these chatbots hold with users.
- Quality Over Quantity Continues: The trend of the supremacy of quality over quantity continues this year too. With insane amounts of content getting uploaded every single minute, only relevant and high-quality content is getting users’ attention.
- Omnichannel Marketing: The latest trend in 2020 has moved from multichannel marketing to omnichannel where multiple channels are integrated to provide a better user experience.
- Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP): With huge amounts of traffic and dwindling patience levels of the users, the search engines give preference to pages that load in less than 0.5 sec. Thus, having AMP pages has emerged as the latest trend.
- Local Influencer Marketing: In 2020, the focus is on local influencers and people are trusting and using more of Google Local SEO.
Content remains the king in 2020, but the manner in which it is presented is changing. YouTube marketing is all about aligning and adapting to these latest trends: the sooner you do it, the better it is for acquiring new customers and retaining the existing ones.
Related to Video Marketing: